The Panna Cotta is the Message
Here’s an easy recipe from Countrykitchentt to impress the family for Christmas. Panna Cotta is an Italian dessert similar to custard but is thickened with cream instead of eggs.
It takes minutes to make and can be done as a vegan, gluten-free, low sugar, or dairy-free dessert.
1 Tbsp gelatin
2 Tbsp water
1 cup milk
2 cups heavy cream
1/3 cup sugar
1.5 tsp vanilla essence
1. Sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand 1 min to dissolve
2. In a saucepan bring cream. Milk and sugar to boil over moderate heat, stirring
3. Remove the pan from heat. Add gelatin and vanilla
4. Divide into 8 ramekins/Moulds and cool to room temperature
5. Chill covered at least 4 hours in refrigerator
6. Garnish with fresh fruit or chocolate syrup