Who does not love a good banana bread? If you have ever done a parish cake sale, you must know that the banana bread is always one of the first baked goods to go. This is great for an afternoon snack, a breakfast treat and everything in between. Try this delicious banana bread recipe from Klamps family catering.
Banana Bread Recipe
To make 2 loaves
2 sticks of blue band butter
1 ½ cup of granulated sugar (Domino)
4 large eggs
6 ripe bananas
3 cups of flour
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
2 tsp vanilla extract
½ cup of raisins
½ cup of chocolate chips
½ cup walnuts
½ cup of almonds
1. Prepare your pans: grease with butter and sift flour into the entire pan, making sure to get it all over the pan. Shake out any excess
2. Put butter in the pan along with the sugar and beat until its light and fluffy.
3. Take your bananas and mash them to baby food consistency then add to creamed butter and sugar.
4. Add the eggs.
5. Take all dry products such as flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and mix in a bowl. Gradually combine with the wet ingredients.
6. Add your essence.
7. Add your toppings. If you don’t like nuts, then you can double up on the raisins and chocolate chips instead. Fold in all the ingredients and put into your prepared pans.
8. Bake in the oven for 1 hour on 350 degrees.
9. Test with a stick or toothpick to make sure there is no residue from the batter then you will know it is ready.