Concession StandAugust 11, 2021
Thursday August 12th: ForgivenessAugust 12, 2021
By Gina Ling of Ranchos Marketing
It’s August vacation! This is a great snack recipe for the kiddies! My nieces love helping me make this no-bake chocolate peanut butter Granola Bar recipe.
- 1 cup smooth, salted peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 cup baker’s chocolate – I use Nestlé’s semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Line a square 8”x8” pan with grease paper.
- In a medium-sized heat-resistant bowl, add the peanut butter to the honey and heat in the microwave for 15-second intervals until they’re both fluid and mixed.
- Stir in the chia, flax & rolled oats, and mix well.
- In your lined pan, empty the contents of the bowl and spread evenly.
- In a smaller bowl, add the baker’s chocolate and the milk.
- Heat in microwave at 10-second intervals, trying not to burn the chocolate.
- Once it is smooth & runny, pour chocolate all over the granola – you can drizzle for a fancy design or you can just plop all and spread it out.
- Place pan in the fridge for 1 hour. Or, if you’re impatient like me, in the freezer for 15 mins until hardened.
- Once hard, remove from parchment and with a smooth, sharp knife; cut into the desired shape and ENJOY!
“A Catholic Foodie” is brought to you by Joanne Campbell, HR Manager by day, entrepreneur, and amazing cook by night! A past pupil of Holy Faith Convent, Couva, and a devout parishioner of Our Lady of Mt Carmel RC Church in Carapichaima. She is also part owner of The Country Kitchen a home-based catering company in Chaguanas that was born in the pandemic 2020. Joanne says their motto is “made with love and tradition” and she believes that they capture the essence of West Indian cuisine.