Here’s a little boost of Christmas spirit halfway to Christmas not to mention an excuse to binge on Hallmark Channel movies. Pan de Jamon.(pronounced PAN-de-HAM-on) .
It is a Venezuelan Christmas bread filled with ham, bacon, olives and raisins.
1. Use your favourite bread recipe or puff pastry for a quick Saturday night dinner & movie.
2. For the filling use ham slices, bacon, raisins and olives.
1. Roll the dough out, cover with ham slices, place bacon pieces, sprinkle raisins and olives over the ham
2. Roll the dough and place seam down on the baking sheet. If using puff pastry, refrigerate 15 minutes before baking
3. Brush the loaf with egg wash or milk
4. Let dough rise 45-60mins until puffy
5. Preheat over to 375-400 F and bake for 40 minutes
6. The bread will keep in an air tight container in the refrigerator for 1 week